If you'd be interested in having your game featured on the Glidercat YouTube channel, ( https://youtube.com/@Glidercat ) please reach out to me at: info@Glidercat.com
And, best of luck with your upcoming launch on Steam! 😺
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
As soon as humanity had the means we sent out an interstellar colony ship. Its design was basic but elegant. And it made it all 40.7 light-years to Trappist-1.
— Ship data files
On arrival at Trappist-1 you control the Ark. A large spaceship/movable colony and trading hub for your exploration of Trappist-1.
Trappist is a story-driven colony builder with resource management in the Trappist-1 solar system, and a focus on care-free building and story.
It's easy to play and respectful of your time. You'll create and grow multiple colonies in the Trappist-1 solar system, meet new alien friends and explore the mysteries of Trappist.
Trappist is fully playable from beginning to end and is under active development. Leave a comment here or reach out to me on @SirrahGames.
Explore the Trappist-1 solar system
Fly through the Trappist-1 solar system and survey each planet to find the best locations for your colonies.
Discover and excavate alien artifacts hidden in the system and uncover the true purpose of Trappist-1.
Build your colonies
Build colonies on the planets and moons of Trappist-1. Each colony has distinct resources and buildings that are necessary for success.
Fill your cargo ships with the extracted resources and fly them to your manufacturing or population centers. Create automated trading routes for stable production chains across your colonies.
Fly your Ark as a mobile colony or place it strategically as your central trading hub.
- Relaxing gameplay
- Freely explore the Trappist-1 solar system
- Meaningful progress even in short game sessions
- Multiple storylets woven into the main story line about the nature of Trappist-1
- 10-15 hours or more to finish all current stories
- 6 distinct colony sites (the Ark, two planets and two moons)
- More than 40 different buildings
- Over two dozen construction and consumption resources
- Replace your workforce with robots
- Place buildings on a grid or go gridless at the flip of a switch!
- No money and no road placement, just base building without unnecessary distractions
- Automated trade routes between your colonies and the Ark
- Quick to start and no loading screens when switching between colonies
- Cheat codes and console commands
- (Skippable) tutorials to explain the controls and game play
- Different starting conditions. Including a New Game+ where you can start a new game and continue with your customized Ark from a completed game.
Planned features and continued development
These are some of the features I hope to implement:
- More colonizable planets
- More aliens
- More research projects
- Improved models and sound effects
Trappist is under active development. But as a solo developer I can't guarantee everything will be implemented, or will be implemented to an extent you might want or expect. I recommend you consider purchasing this game based on its current state alone.
- Windows, Mac OS and Linux are supported
- 400 MB HDD space
- An Intel HD 620 integrated GPU or better
- Any recent-ish GPU will be able to max out the game settings
- The game should run fine on an average laptop
- Keyboard and mouse
- Left-click to select, right-click to give orders
- Move the camera with wasd or arrow keys, moving the mouse to the screen edges or click-and-drag
- Touchscreen, including drag and pinch-to-zoom
- Tutorial and documentation are available from within the game
|6 days ago
|Windows, macOS, Linux
|City Builder, colony, Exploration, Management, Sci-fi, Space, Trading, Tycoon
|About a half-hour
|Keyboard, Mouse, Touchscreen
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $15 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Steam release date: Achievement unlocked9 days ago
- Dive into Zima Blue - New planet to colonize!89 days ago
- v0.5.4 - Fixes for the Water Splitter and moreMar 17, 2023
- Increased stickiness - v0.5.3Feb 17, 2023
- v0.5.2 - Improved collectorsDec 09, 2022
- Bugfix patch v0.5.1Nov 18, 2022
- New game starts and New Game+Nov 12, 2022
- Automated trade routesNov 03, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Looks lovely! I will try this over xmas. Reminds me a bit of K240 from the Amiga 500
Is there a way to discard materials? I am full on hydrogen which stops the water splitter from running
I’ll see what I can do about the hydrogen stacking up.
You can dump resources by loading it in a cargo ship. Fly somewhere out of range of your depot, and right-click to drop the cargo. You can hold shift to drop more.